Senator JV Ejercito pushes to revive Bataan Nuclear Power Plant
Nagpahayag si senador JV Ejercito na dapat gamitin ng mga Pilipino ang proyekto ni dating pangulong Ferdinand E. Marcos na Bataan Nuclear Power Plant (BNPP) para mapakinabangan dahil bayad na ito noon pang 2007. Sabi ng senador,
“Nuclear is the cheapest source of power generation. We had our last payment for nuclear plant in 2007. It is now owned by taxpayers, by all Filipinos. Why don’t we reconsider utilizing it?” – Senator JV Ejercito
Sinang-ayunan din ng senador ang opinyon ni Elizabeth Angsioco tungkol sa siyam na benepisyo kung mabuksan at magamit ang BNPP.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF REVIVING THE BATAAN NUCLEAR POWER PLANT?
1. Operating the BNPP will allow us to save foreign exchange.
2. BNPP will result in cheap electricity.
3. It is strategically more secure because the physical volume of needed fuel every 18 months is quite small.
4. Nuclear energy is clean, and thus, good for the environment.
5. Nuclear energy saves lives.
6. Cheap electricity is a powerful anti-poverty agent.
7. Nuclear will address shortage of power supply.
8. Using nuclear power and operating the BNPP will enable us to get away from the negative effects of dirty and harmful energy.
9. BNPP is a valuable and high-quality asset. It is unwise and wasteful to keep it idle when it can benefit our country, our people.